Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6, 2015



FEBRUARY 6, 2015

Customer: *waiting for her order* How you doing?
Barista: Fine. How’re you doing?  
Customer: Great! Cleaning up my house. I was watching this Navy SEAL video and they were talking about how they arrange things and keep things in order.
Barista: Oh, yeah! My dad was in the Navy. We had to keep our room in order. That training carried over and I still do. My apartment is clean. I know where everything is.
Customer: Yeah, that’s what they were saying—
Barista: It’s cause you can see if anyone’s been there … tampering with your things. I know where everything is supposed to be so if someone comes in and messes with my stuff, I’ll know.   
Customer: You could put tape on the door. *laughs*
Barista: No, dental floss!
Customer: Right! Dental floss!
Barista: Yes, use dental floss. The military teaches you how to use common objects to tell if your living quarters have been compromised.   
Customer: Like breaking a light bulb and spreading the glass on the floor before you go to sleep. If you hear crunching … *laughs some more*
Barista: You don’t want things to get that far.
Customer: No, I hear what you’re saying. It’s why I keep things neat. Like the liquor cabinet. I got home one day and I was like, hmmm … things were out of place in the cabinet. The bottles were moved over so I asked my boyfriend if he’d been in it cause it’s locked, and he said, no, but no one else had access to my keys and so I showed him and he confessed and said he’d taken one drink, but no more and it was because I kept things neat in there. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known.
Barista: Right. You couldn’t have done that if things were out of place.  
Customer: Yes, well, the video I’m talking about is amazing. I think they're ten or twelve videos, and these Navy SEALs are talking out the principles they were taught and how doing one every day will help you straighten out your life. You see, it’s not just cleaning your room, you’re working something out in cleaning your room so it’s very inspirational and you improve if you follow what they say. They’re on YouTube. You should check them out because I’m doing them and they’re really helping.
Barista: Have you seen American Sniper?
Customer: No, should I?
Barista: Absolutely. Great film. And you’ll learn something.  
Customer: Okay, I’ll go see it, but if I don’t like it, it’ll be your fault! *laughs* *takes latte and heads toward door* Have a good one!
Barista: You, too. And let me know what you think about the film. 




No comments:

Post a Comment