Sunday, February 8, 2015

FEBRUARY 8, 2015




FEBRUARY 8, 2015


Woman: We just have to wait for a bit because I don’t have the keys to the roof.
Man:  You mean, because of the fire?
Woman: “Yes, before that it was open. People went up there to smoke, drink, talk, but it’s locked now. Did you know that Charles is in love with my assistant Petra? She’s blonde, about twenty-five and if she were here with us, he’d be here already. Just love, love, loves her.
Man:  *laughs* No, I didn’t know.
Woman: So tell me about you … where are you from?
Man:  Ecuador.
Woman: Really? And how was it you came here?
Man: Because of my parents. They were both business owners and they lived through the most brutal dictatorship in the world.
Woman: What happened?
Man:  Well, after the government fell, the military started shaking down business owners. My father and mother were taken advantage of, but could do nothing. They lost everything, but it seemed the new regime didn’t care … or was a part of what was going on.
Woman: It must have been awful. And they moved to NY?
Man:  Yes, Sunnyside.
Woman: I love Sunnyside. *cell rings* Hello, Charles? You’re at the apartment? What are you doing there? I told you to call me? *starts packing up to leave* We’re in Starbucks, but we’ll be right there.



No comments:

Post a Comment